Monday, January 16, 2012

A Dupe for Clarins 230, aka Unicorn Pee?

I was itching to get to the shops today as I haven't been for a few weeks. I was literally thinking about what new stuff could be out in the stores and getting antsy at the thought of missing out! Forget retail therapy, I need therapy for my retail habits!

If you're a fan of unique nail polishes, but hate how hard they can be to come by, I may have found something really exciting for you!



Clarins 230 is an incredible shade. It's a multichrome purple-red shade that is packed with shimmer that takes on a life of it's own, glimmering away in all sorts of different colours...I could stare at the bottle for a good while, it's that beautiful! (If you've never seen it before, go do a search! There are lots of much better photos than mine out there)

For some odd reason, Clarins stopped making this stunning colour which has resulted in it being one of the hardest nail polishes to find and purchase nowadays. It occasionally pops up on eBay, almost always for a ridiculous price (there's one being sold for around £65 right now). Being so scarce, 230 has been given the name 'Unicorn Pee' by bloggers, which seems like an apt description to me!

I actually managed to get a bottle a few years back for less than £10 which was a point of pride for me, lol! But due to it's scarcity and how beautiful it is, I can't bring myself to use it!

But I came across a little something today that has a lot of promise and I won't mind using it all up! I'm not going to tell you what it is yet, this is just a little teaser until I can get proper swatches and comparisons done. But here's a little photo:


What do you think? Is it a possible dupe? Could I have found a new source of Unicorn Pee?!

x

8 comments:

Anitacska said...

I know EXACTLY what it is as I bought it a few days ago and I'm wearing it now. ;) I don't know the Clarins nail polish, so no idea if it's a dupe or not, but this one is really pretty in its own right.

Fab Fingertips. said...

I bet I know what it is and I'm in the middle of doing swatches of it!!! but mum's the word so to speak!! WOuld madam have got it from Superdrug per chance?

Nazia @ MascaraMagic! said...

Anita - it's a stunner!

Esther - I did indeed! Your swatches will undoubtedly be phenomenal so I'll be sure to post a link to your blog once you have the images up =)

Thank you both for not breathing a word!

x

Fab Fingertips. said...

I cant believe you have the CLarins one!!!arrghh! jealous, moi? not even a teeny weeny bit.... just a huge bit!!! xx

Nazia @ MascaraMagic! said...

Lol but Esther, I HATE how I can't do it any justice! You have to teach me how to take better photos, PLEASEEEE!

xxx

Hamster said...

So what is it?

Nazia @ MascaraMagic! said...

Hamster,

http://mascaramagic.blogspot.com/2012/01/max-factor-max-effect-nail-polish-in-45.html

Hamster said...

Rrright, I was afraid it might be that.I have it on my list of "try to finds!". As, I am in the USA, and damn, can't get it here. I can't even seem to find a supplier, to even ask if they would ship it here. =\ Any sites or ideas to find this lovely? =) I was hopeful for a night that it might be something I could find here.

Thanks!!

Post a Comment

I promise I read each and every comment you leave. I'll always do my best to respond and I love love LOVE hearing from you! <3