Wednesday, January 23, 2013

YSL Glossy Stains #10, 25, 27 and 29


Long time, no see, hmm? This time round I’m blaming myself (of course) but also the lack of decent lighting means photos were turning out rubbish for swatches PLUS I’ve had a bit of a crazy time in my personal life too. These little explanations are pathetic, I know, but they’re the honest truth and I feel like you guys deserve hearing the reasons behind my absences. Thank you so much for sticking by me – you have no idea how much it means to me.

Let’s move on to what we all love – makeup! I’ve been buying a little less than I usually do, but that’s still more than the average shopper!

Over the last few months I’ve been slowly adding to my collection of YSL Rouge Pur Couture Vernis À Lèvres aka Glossy Stains and am now the proud owner of 7 of these beauties! You’ve already been introduced to the first three shades that I invested in – #7 Corail Aquatique; #12 Corail Fauve; and #15 Rose Vinyl (swatches here).

Then I decided I needed one of the gorgeous red shades available and ended up with #10 Rouge Philtre…then somehow #25 Fuschia Neo-Classic ended up coming home with me, after I decided #15 wasn’t meeting my bright pink needs!

Over the last few weeks, YSL have released their 2013 Spring Collection, which features 4 new shades of Glossy Stain. After one swatch, I knew I wanted #27 Peche Cerracola and #29 Rose Forreau. Both are fresh shades, perfect for Spring (please hurry up and come soon Springtime!) and are quite light and sheer.

Here are the new pretties, all lined up nice and neat!
 
 
From left to right we have #10 Rouge Philtre, #25 Fuschia Neo-Classic, #27 Peche Cerracola and #29 Rose Forreau. (The order is the same in each photo)


The swatches are all one coat of gloss – don’t forget you can layer the Glossy Stains for a deeper colour.



#10 is one of the few red shades available and on my skin it’s a clear, orange toned red which I felt would suit me better than the more blue-based red of #9. It’s one of the shades that can be easily built up and wear time is great for me. I’ve heard some people find the Glossy Stains wear off after a couple of hours but mine last at least double that.
 
#25 was released a few months ago and is a gorgeous deep rose shade. It’s quite pigmented from the very first swipe – great for low key days. It’s one of those shades that instantly lifts your face and brightens your whole look effortlessly. I’m not sure if it’s part of the permanent range now, but it’s quite similar to #15. However #15 turns slightly purple on my lips, which I’m not too keen on.


#27 is a beautiful light peach and quite unlike any of the existing shades. It’s milky and sheer, which means the first coat can be quite patchy – not a good look! So keep in mind the swatch I’m showing you is only 1 coat. On the lips, I would definitely go for at least 2 layers. I’ve seen some hand and lip swatches online of this shade and I’m rather worried that it’ll be far too light for me. Fingers crossed it’s flattering on me, hmm?!


#29 is the pick of the bunch for me. A really lovely pinky coral shade that is so easy to wear and perfect for almost any luck in my opinion. On others I’ve seen that it looks far more pink – in my swatch it almost looks like a dupe for #7 Corail Aquatique which has been my go-to Glossy Stain for a while now. I haven’t tried #29 on my lips yet, but I’m hoping it gives a slightly more pink tone than the decidedly coral #7. In my swatch one layer seems a little patchy, so this may be another shade that will only look perfect with 2 or more coats. We shall see!


That’s enough chatter from me – how about you? Do you like the YSL Glossy Stains as much as I do or are they hit and miss for you? I know some people find the scent overpowering or the texture too tacky. What do you think of these new shades that have been added to my growing collection?

7 comments:

Parveen said...

I'm on a makeup ban so I must resist. I definitely want to try a YSL lipstick and gloss this year. Rouge Filtre looks lovely.

So nice to see you back blogging :) xx

LauraSummer said...

Yay good to have you back! that no 27 is a definite winner for me, I neeed it :) xx

Nazia @ Mascara Magic said...

Parveen, it feels good to be back! But the dull days are really frustrating me - all the swatches look off to my eye.

Anyway, I really love my YSL Glossy Stains and I'm looking forward to seeing which one you choose to treat yourself with. I'm going to update my swatches soon so maybe they'll be of some help.

Laura, thank you! I really hope you're well. #27 is gorgeous, I'm just worried it'll be too light for me - it'd definitely look fab on your complexion though.

xx

Anne JF said...

OMG!!! You're creating new GS lemmings for me!!! D:
It's been a while, right??? Haven't seen you in MUB.
Greetings!!!!
Ana :D

YolliPoP said...

Did you end up trying #27? Was it too light for you? I'm a similar skin tone to you and I was considering getting this colour.

Nazia @ Mascara Magic said...

Anne! <3 <3 <3

It's been far too long, but that is my fault. Just lots of craziness, you know? I hope you're really well =)

xx

Nazia @ Mascara Magic said...

Hi Yollipop =)

Just for your sake I tried #27 on for the first time yesterday! The first layer was a very translucent peach with the natural pinkiness of my lips showing through. The second coat gave the gloss a peachier look and the pink of my lips was lessened.

I was thankful to find it was NOT too light, I could definitely carry the shade off but I am at my lightest skintone at this time of year.

One final note, I did notice that over the space of a couple of hours, #27 deepened in colour. It became a slightly reddish-peachy shade. It was still very pretty but definitely not the shade it had started out as.

Sorry for such a long reply! I will do my best to update with lip swatches as soon as possible, so they may help you out too.

I hope I was of some assistance!

Post a Comment

I promise I read each and every comment you leave. I'll always do my best to respond and I love love LOVE hearing from you! <3