Saturday, February 23, 2013

Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Intense Eyeshadows #14, 20, 23, 24 and 25

One item I continually lust after in the makeup world is the Giorgio Armani Eyes To Kill Intense. If I could afford them, I would have each and every shade, even the colours which wouldn't be particularly flattering on my skintone! However, at £26 for 4g, these are definitely an occasional treat for me.

They're so very complex and intense, super rich in pigment and they just glide on to the eyelids. You can apply and buff for a sheer layer of colour or pack on the shadow for a dramatic look. They blend beautifully with other eyeshadows and in my experience, always look fabulous. I can't tell you the amount of compliments I get when I use the ETKI.

So far I have 5 (maybe 6, I have a feeling one is missing) of these beauties.


#14 Gold Spirit was my introduction to the range. A beautiful antique gold that's very glowy. You can see many swatches here.

#20 Obsidian Black is more of a really dark intense blue than black. I find this the most difficult shade to incorporate into the kind of looks I like to wear as an eyeshadow, but I adore using it wet as eyeliner.

#23 Madre Perla is an intriguing iridescent white with a blue-pink shine that really comes through when layered over other shades. I find it a little stark on my skintone if used alone, but paired up with another colour, it looks great.

#24 Smoky Copper is the next step up from #14. They're very similar, #24 just has a slightly blackened base. This makes it perfect for a metallic smoky eye look - it's rich and sparkly.

#25 Rusted Gold is again along the same lines as #14 and #24. This has the darkest black base out of the three and the sparkle factor is lower. This shade is quite easy to overblend, creating a sort of messy smudged cloud of black. It's nice used in the crease though and again makes a great eyeliner.

Swatches! (lots of them!)


Do you have any of these pricey-but-worth-it eyeshadows? What do you think? Maybe you like the drugstore version (L'oreal Infallibles) better?

4 comments:

Replica said...

Great collection, I only have one of the Armani but thought the L'oreal ones were not as good so do think Armani are worth the price :)

Nazia @ Mascara Magic said...

Hi Replica =)

It was actually on your blog that I saw #14 Gold Spirit and decided I MUST have it! So I guess you're to blame for starting off my love affair with these!

And I agree. I do like the L'oreal ones but Armani has my heart.

Replica said...

well its a good thing to get blamed for ;)

Nazia @ Mascara Magic said...

It definitely is - #14 remains one of my favourite eyeshadows to this day!

xx

Post a Comment

I promise I read each and every comment you leave. I'll always do my best to respond and I love love LOVE hearing from you! <3